Saturday, December 6, 2014

Give Back Saturday Part II

Today marks the second Give Back Saturday for the Holiday Season!  Last Saturday, my family and I gave back to our community by picking names from the Angel Tree.  If you want to read more about our experience click here.  Today I purchased the items on the wish list of the little girl I sponsored.  I hope she loves them! 

For this Give Back Saturday, I wanted to do something for kids who have illnesses.  Every Christmas, I get these pretty mailing labels from St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.  I also see commercials with celebrities who speak about the importance of giving to St. Jude to help save little children lives who are battling illnesses.  Every time I get the labels in the mail or see the commercial my heart aches for those precious little children.  I know that it is important for me to give what I can to support finding cures for diseases.

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital is a pediatric and research facility that treats children with cancer and other catastrophic diseases.  The mission of St. Jude is to advance cures, and means of prevention for pediatric catastrophic diseases through research and treatment. No child is denied treatment based on race, religion, or a family's ability to pay.  Because the majority of St. Jude funding comes from contributions, they can focus on saving kids lives regardless of their financial situation.

On their website, they have several ways to give.  One particular way to give struck my attention.   They have Holiday cards that you can receive for a donation, and I always buy Christmas cards every year.  I thought to myself, wow what a creative way to give back!  Each card is unique, they have Christmas cards that have illustrations that was created by the children, photos of some of the children on the cards, and some other cute Holiday cards.  You can either donate for a E-Cards, Mailing Cards, or Printable Cards.  You can donate from $25 up to $500 and more!  The card that I donated for has a cute picture that was drawn by a patient at St. Jude.  Here is a picture of the card below!

 I chose this card because of the Patient Art and I love how it says from the children of St. Jude (the recipients of my cards can see where I got the cards from, which may cause them to give!)
 
I hope you will join me and give back to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.  Here is how you can donate.
 
If you are interested in donating for Mailing Holiday Cards you have until December 9th to receive them before Christmas.  But, you can also donate for E-Cards or Printable Cards! Click this link for more information http://shop.stjude.org/GiftCatalog/index.do
 
You can also give in other ways, click this link to find out how you can help http://www.stjude.org/waystohelp
 
Let's do what we can to make sure that all children have smiles on their faces! #givebacksaturday

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts