Saturday, January 10, 2015

Five Kids, Fabulous, and Fit! Part 1

On my last post on my blog, I mentioned that I would feature my oldest sister on my blog to share with us all how she manages to stay fit after having five kids.  On the last post titled, Style Guide for 2015, she was the last sister featured.  If you haven't read my last post click here to get caught up on all the juicy details! 

This is my older sister (just in case you forgot). This picture was taken three years ago before her current workout regimen, but she has always managed to stay in shape.
 


It's 2015, and on the top of most people's New Year's resolution including myself is to lose weight or get in shape.  So I thought this would be the perfect opportunity for me to have a discussion with my sister to find out what she is doing to stay in shape.  For the past two weeks, I have interviewed and shadowed my sister to find out how she manages to stay so fabulous and fit after having five kids!  I have a plethora of information to share, too much to incorporate in one post, so I will break the information up into three post.

For this post, my main focus is to inform you on how my sister came to have five kids (it's quite a story).  I remember when she found out she was pregnant for the first time.  Everyone in my family was so thrilled but we became super excited when we found out that she was having twins.  She had a boy and a girl (fraternal twins) via cesarean. Her next pregnancy, was a singleton, but we didn't know the sex of the baby until the birth, everyone thought it was going to be a boy but to our surprise it was a beautiful girl !  Six years went by, and my sister and her husband thought they were finished having kids, she had three and they were all school aged children.  But God has sense of humor, because He gave her surprise that shook her to the core.

I remember when she found out she was pregnant for third time.  We were actually together that morning working out at an aerobics class.  The instructor told us to run laps around the gym, and my sister who normally runs at a good pace, suddenly was short of breath and weak.  After class, I remember her telling me that her period was late and that she was going to take a pregnancy test.  I was in shock, and I told her to tell me as soon as she found out.  Well, she was pregnant and everyone in the family was excited.  I remember my mom joked with my sister that she is catching up with her (my mom has 5 kids) and my sister replied, no this is it, I'm going to have four, you're still the reining queen of five! Boy was she wrong, when she and her husband went in for her ultra sound, they found out she was having twins again! This time, the entire family was in shock! What are the odds of having two sets of twins! After the initial shock of it all, my sister was thrilled to experience the joy of having twins again.  She had another set of fraternal twins, a boy and a girl via cesarean.

Here are some pictures of her beautiful family!

The first set of twins are sitting beside her, on the left and right, the singleton is sitting to the far left, and the second set of twins are sitting on laps. 
 
This picture was taken when the second set of twins were newborns.
 
 

 Here is a picture of my sister with our cousin at her baby shower.  She was pregnant with her second set of twins! (this is the before picture, lol)
 
 
On the next post, I am going to share with you how my sister manages to stay fabulous by eating nutritious meals for breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner!  Not only will you see the groceries that she buys for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks but she will also share recipes that she makes for dinner and vitamins that she takes to stay Healthy!  Stay Tuned, you don't want to miss this!



   

2 comments:

  1. I'm Loving Your Blog Brett. Your Ideas And Content Are Helpful For Moms And Dads... And Even Single People Like Me Without Kids. I'm Looking Forward To Reading More Informative Articles And Previewing The Latest In Kid's Fashionable Merchandise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, and I'm happy that you find my articles informative:)

      Delete

Popular Posts