Saturday, December 27, 2014

Give Back Saturday Part V

This is the last Give Back Saturday for this Holiday Season.  I am so happy my family and I made a vow to give back every Saturday before the New Year!  We started our first give back Saturday on the last Saturday in November after Thanksgiving and we're concluding this Saturday, the last Saturday before the New Year.  This has been such an humbling experience, It has challenged me to think of others besides myself.  I plan on carrying on this tradition every year with my family and hopefully my girls will continue the tradition when they have their own families.

 

For this last Give Back Saturday, I made a donation to United Way.  Every year I give to the United Way through my profession as a teacher.  My School District adopted United Way as a Charity, and encourages its employees to donate to the Foundation.  United Way mission is to provide leadership, resources and focus to change lives in our community by creating sustainable improvements in education, income, and health.  Through donations and volunteering efforts of the community, United Way is able to support measurable solutions, to ensure children enter school ready to learn, students stay on track to graduation, families achieve financial stability and people have the tools to lead healthy productive lives.

I made a donation to United Way in the area of Education.  When you give to United Way, you can choose a program you want your donation to go.  The options are Education, Income, or Health, or you can allow United Way to choose the program for you.  Their are also other ways to give through United Way.  You can volunteer by reading to four year olds, mentor at-risk students, help families manage their finances, or collect callers to assistance.  However you choose to donate, it will be greatly appreciated!  Here is how you can donate:

Click on the national website http://www.unitedway.org/content/splash_holiday2014

Click the drop down box and choose My Local United Way, it's going to prompt you to type in your zip code.

Once you type in your zip code and press enter, it will direct you to your local United Way where you can make a monetary donation. 

If you will like to become a volunteer, visit http://www.unitedway.org/take-action/volunteer and fill out the form.

Thanks to everyone who has participated in #givebacksaturdays or who has given back to their community this Holiday Season.  Giving does not have to stop because the Holiday Season is ending, but should continue on through out the year.  Let me know how you gave back this Holiday Season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts