Saturday, December 13, 2014

Give Back Saturday Part III

I do not want the day to end without posting about one of the most important things I'm doing this season, and that is, giving back every Saturday!  The First Saturday in December, I gave back by participating in the Angel Tree Program and last Saturday I gave back by making a donation to St. Jude's Children Research Hospital.  For more information on how you can give to these organizations click here. 



This Saturday, my family and I decided to participate in my church blanket drive.  The church that I attend is having a blanket drive for those who are homeless.  A lot of people typically donate food, clothes, and money to homeless shelters which is so important.  But I never thought about blankets until my church came up with this mission for us to participate in.  It makes perfect sense to give blankets to the homeless because during the Fall and Winter, the temperature drops, and it gets colder.  There are a lot of people who sleep outside without shelter, so they are subject to the cold weather each and every night.  Blankets can provide warmth to so many men and women who are having sleepless nights because of the weather.

There are many shelters who are accepting blankets and toiletries donations for the Winter Months.  Here is a link from a Shelter, informing us of what the shelter is need of, click here.  If you do not know where your local homeless shelter is click here for more information.  Let's continue to participate in #givebacksaturday and make a difference one Saturday at a time!

Let me know how you are giving back this Holiday Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts